– There’s one thing you need to know, about the
great State Fair of Texas. We don’t count calories, and there is no such thing as a diet. Can I get an amen?
– Love it! – (audience) Amen!
– Amen! (cheering) Well how are things going this year? – So we realize… So, I tell you what, we realized that you couldn’t be here this year, but I’ve got some good friends
over at Milano Hat Company, and they still want you to
feel like you’re at home. So we’ve got a surprise for ya. – [Kelly] Okay.
– Drum roll please, lets bring it out.
– [Kelly] What? – Let’s hear it from the
crowd, look what you got! (crowd cheering) – Wait. My hair guy is going to
kill me, but I don’t care. – Do you see what that is Kelly? That is a 10X —
– [Kelly] I love it! – Silverbelly felt cowboy hat. – All right, thank you guys so much! My mouth is watering already though, what are some of the
really good fried foods that y’all have this year? Dig in there.
– [Kris] We’ve got some great fried foods, look at this one here. – [Kelly] Yes!
– [Kris] This is the deep fried Chicken Cordon Bleu stuffed waffle, okay? – Yes! – [Kris] So what I’m telling you is– – It’s a stuffed waffle!
– [Kris] There’s Chicken Cordon Bleu inside the waffle! – [Kelly] That–
– [Kris] That is cheesy goodness.
– That is beautiful. – [Kris] You got the… – [Kelly] What kinda dip is that, my man? Yes!
(crowd cheering) Yeah. All right, what’s next Kris? – Next we have this taco.
– [Kelly] Okay. – Maybe you’re at the
fair, and you’re on the go, you gotta get the taco to go. This is roof-stuffed
– Squeeze that lime Kris, – [Kris] fried taco cone.
– Don’t make me sick. – [Kris] It is stuffed with barbacoa. Ya peel it out. – [Kelly] I’m so in.
(crowd cheering) This is so good.
– [Kris] God bless Texas, y’all, God bless Texas.
– All right, (laughing) you have more fried treats, right? What’s next? – I’ve got one more thing for ya. – [Kelly] Ya, I see it girl. – This, I wanna bring in a
special guest for this one. This is deep fried…
(crowd cheering) Potato salad! – Yes!
– And here to tell us more about this creation, you
hold that for me, please. – Oh–
– [Kelly] Yes! – This is Kirsten Crawford Thorns – Yeah.
– Thank you so much for being here.
– Thank you. – How in the world, did you come up with deep fried potato salad? – Why not? – Well actually, around our
traditional Sunday dinner, we were having potato
salad, and it just hit me. Why not have it fried?
– And now– – Cause you’re a genius
– It is a favorite here at the state fair. – [Kelly] All right. – That is so good.
(laughing) – Oh, I wish everyone
could have some at home. – I’ll tell you what?
– [Kelly] I know! – Kelly, we’ve got another surprise! – [Kelly] Okay. – Everyone in your audience gets deep fried potato salad!
(Crowd cheering) Woo! – Here we go! (clapping) – Yeah! (crowd wooing) – That is so good! (Kirsten laughing) Oh my good, thank you so much. A special thank you to Kris Gutierrez and the whole team at
NBC 5 Dallas, Fort Worth, where Texas connects us. And also, a massive
thanks to all the vendors and the folks at the State Fair of Texas. Be sure to pay them a visit, y’all, it’s a good time.